10/8/12: Because Ichiro’s a wizard, that’s why.
i hated the result, but this play was nuts
Baltimore leads the Wildcard by 6 games and is behind in the division by only one
ESPN gives the O’s 91.4% playoff odds
The Baltimore Orioles unveil Cal Ripken Jr. statue at Camden yards
Jonathan Schoop of the Bowie Baysox
Casual reminder that Bronson Arroyo used to have cornrows
The United States of Steven Pearce.
Earlier today, the New York Yankees re-acquired Steven Pearce, who never actually made it to New York the first time around. It’s the fifth time he’s had to make change of address cards this year, making him one of the more well-traveled players in the league. All because he can bash those lefthanders.
1. Released by Twins on March 27, 2012
2. Signed by Yankees on March 29th. Sent to Scranton Wilkes-Barre.
3. Purchased by the Baltimore Orioles on June 2nd.
4. Selected off waivers by the Astros on July 28th.
5. Acquired by Yankees for cash considerations on August 27th.
According to Google Maps, all this movement comes to the tune of 4,551 miles. Don’t get too comfortable, Mr. Pearce.
(Pearce photo by Associated Press)
Matt Wieters of the Baltimore Orioles
With a bonus derp face
Yes. This. This is awesome.
“excuse me would you mind moving out of the way sire”
Matt Wieters is a huge, huge dude.